Thursday, October 23, 2008

Good Eats

Been eating pretty healthy the last couple weeks. Lots of veggies, no fried food ('cept tortilla chips, which are mandatory when eating at a taqueria!) and the most important thing: I've been stopping when satisfied instead of busting my gut. If I can just get this one thing down and stick to it: I never have to overeat. Just because food is there doesn't mean I've gotta eat it. It's like listening to really bad lesbian folk music: just because they're dykes doesn't mean I need to support 'em. It's a nasty habit, indeed. So, I dunno how I got up to 224 - maybe it was water weight - but I'm back at 220. Already my pants feel less constricting.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Weight can be a strange thing. Back when I was obsessed with the scale I did notice that when it was that not so fun time of the month I literally would gain ten pounds. Hooray for going down four pounds. If only those little fat creatures on Doctor Who would take away some of the unwanted pounds. Okay that won't make any sense to you if you don't watch Doctor Who. I'm going to shut up now.

Anonymous said...

Thinking that I need to eat food just because it's there is definitely my biggest downfall. I am downright neurotic in the Fruedian sense about not being able to deal with the ambiguity of leftover food.